Re: logrotate

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 05:20:15PM +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have set ionice -c3 for logrotate application,what happens when the other
> program which has asked for disk IO during this period ?
Well, man 1 ionice describes it pretty clear, isn't it?

Class 3 (-c3 option) stands for "Idle", which means that program will use disk
only when others doesn't use it. As stated in man page, "The impact of idle io
processes on normal system activity should be zero", so any other program would
have normal access to disk at full speed (unless there are other processes
using disk right now).

--
Regards,
Alexander Batischev

1024D/69093C81
F870 A381 B5F5 D2A1 1B35  4D63 A1A7 1C77 6909 3C81