Re: (OT) gnash vs. flash (was Re: Why does installing gnome ...)

On 2010-03-18 15:55, Dotan Cohen wrote:
And yet me getting-old laptop is still snappy.  I think it's more that MSO
is written in absurdly-tuned C & assembler, whereas OOo is portable C++ &
Java.

Actually, MSO is written in a high-level language. I forget which, but
it's not .NET. They do that because there are a lot of bugs, and their

It sure can't be .NET, since I run the 7(8?) year old MSO XP.

support contracts with large firms means that they have to address
those bugs. There was a great article on it on some MSDN blog about a
year or two ago. Also, I vaguely remember Joel on Software talking
about the anatomy of a Word bug.

--
Obsession with "preserving cultural heritage" is a racist impediment
to moral, physical and intellectual progress.