Re: why does resolv.conf change?

On 2010-03-18 16:14, Clive McBarton wrote:

To make my original question more precise: I want the stuff I write into
resolv.conf to persist, but it does not have to be in that file. I'm
happy to write things elsewhere as long as *some place* makes my changes
persistent.

You must have missed the BIG BOLD LETTERS that tell you not to write into resolv.conf by hand.

$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
nameserver xx.yy.zz.aa
nameserver xx.yy.zz.bb
search snagglefrob

--
Obsession with "preserving cultural heritage" is a racist impediment
to moral, physical and intellectual progress.