Re: (OT) gnash vs. flash (was Re: Why does installing gnome ...)

> I highly suspect a flame-war here, but isn't against the
> "Stallmanian-principle" for a linux machines to play with those
> proprietary kids AT ALL. That is, debian (or any other linux) should
> not even consider talking with that kind of software. I'm just curious
> how many linux users/devs/etc maintain that position, given that I'm
> not one of those users.

Flame away. I use a Debian-derived distro because it is reliable and
stable. I personally do not care for the Libre cause, even though I
recognize it's importance. In fact, if Debian were closed source and
the most expensive OS available I would probably still be happily
paying for it and using it. The freedom and free cost are just icing
on the cake for me.

Therefore, I have no problem with proprietary Flash, even though I
understand the problems that it causes. I wish that more proprietary
software, such as Solidworks and MS Office, were available for Debian
or Linux in general.

Thanks for asking!

Dotan Cohen

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.