Re: (OT) gnash vs. flash (was Re: Why does installing gnome ...)

On Thu,18.Mar.10, 03:07:12, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> Therefore, I have no problem with proprietary Flash, even though I
> understand the problems that it causes. I wish that more proprietary
> software, such as Solidworks and MS Office, were available for Debian
> or Linux in general.

Is there any real life functionality of MS Office that OpenOffice.org is
not providing? My experience is that more than 90% of the users would be
happy with Abiword+Gnumeric.

But, as much as I hate to admit it, I'm aware that there are some
applications that will not have free (as in free speech) replacements
very soon. I'm thinking of Autocad and Photoshop[1] in particular.

My only hope here is that as soon as GNU/Linux will have a big enough
user-base (30%?) the respective companies will provide native GNU/Linux
versions themselves.

[1] no, Gimp is no Photoshop replacement for professional use

Regards,
Andrei