Re: (OT) gnash vs. flash (was Re: Why does installing gnome ...)

On 2010-03-18 03:41, Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Thu,18.Mar.10, 03:28:40, Ron Johnson wrote:
The main problem is all the 3rd party applications written
specifically for Word and Excel which have no analog in the OOo
world.

Interesting, I didn't come across such things in my company

        Also is the tight integration w/ other MSFT products like
SQL Server, Exchange and SharePoint.  There are slso some functions
in Excel that are missing from OOo Calc, and Presentation probably
isn't as full-featured as Powerpoint.

Are those features *really* needed? (just asking, I don't have much experience here)

I work in a *large* company. Someone must use them, or the companies that make them wouldn't be in business.

Especially the companies that make financially-oriented apps for bean counters.

Lastly, Excel, Word, IE & Lookout just launch faster than Calc,
Write, FF & Tbird.

That's too bad.

I'd suffer though Tbird's bloat if it had a *direct* (not OWA)
interface to AD, Exchange email and calendar, but there isn't.

Did you try evolution-mapi? I didn't get to it (yet).

I mean on my work PC running Windows.

--
Obsession with "preserving cultural heritage" is a racist impediment
to moral, physical and intellectual progress.