Re: How to know if DVI connection is digital or analogue?

Dotan Cohen wrote:
I'd say he's facing a very strange and uncommon situation. I've never
seen that before, as I told you. And from the other user's comments I
think neither they have.

The thing is, I wonder just how uncommon it is! Would thinks of these
things? It would not surprise me to learn that 90% of Windows DVI
connections are analogue and the user does not know.

In such case, I would find a very good invest
the 25$ it costs a DVI-D cable ;-)

In fact, hardware solutions tend to be better (more reliable) than any
software solution and usually are easy to diagnose. And you know, Windows
(and some manufacturers) does not always make "fair play" :-)

Remember Occam's razor statement: "the simplest solution is usually the
correct one".

If this were a mission critical situation, I would agree.

It probably doesn't matter at this point but my two cents: The DVI monitors I have here, they all indicate whether they're receiving digital or analog when they're powered on or when the signal cable gains signal.