Re: How to know if DVI connection is digital or analogue?

On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 21:03:18 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:

>> Or better yet, you can tell the user to get a DVI-D to DVI-D cable, as
>> I suggested in my /very first/ post >:-)
>>

> He does not want to invest in any new hardware. I personally also don't
> think that a hardware solution is the correct solution. In a general
sense, it would be good to know how to force digital.

I'd say he's facing a very strange and uncommon situation. I've never
seen that before, as I told you. And from the other user's comments I
think neither they have. In such case, I would find a very good invest
the 25$ it costs a DVI-D cable ;-)

In fact, hardware solutions tend to be better (more reliable) than any
software solution and usually are easy to diagnose. And you know, Windows
(and some manufacturers) does not always make "fair play" :-)

Remember Occam's razor statement: "the simplest solution is usually the
correct one".

Greetings,

--
Camaleón