Re: qemu or qemu-kvm for kvm in squeeze

On 3/8/2010 5:33 PM, thib wrote:

More info relative to my last post: if you want to use KVM, you do
*need* the modified qemu software provided by the kvm package (which
really points to qemu-kvm). These changes are currently pushed upstream
[1]. I hope it clears any ambiguity.

[1] http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Main_Page

I think that is what he wanted to know, and I'm glad I brought it back up when the topic appeared to die, because I made such a muddle of answering it.

However, I myself am now failng to understand the difference between the two. Are you saying that one package is simply a meta- or virtual package pointing to the other, and that installing one installs the other?

MAA