Re: qemu or qemu-kvm for kvm in squeeze

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 11:31:54AM -0600, Mark Allums wrote:
> This is a better question, and will get better replies.  My replies
> were general, and you had something specific in mind.  It pays to be
> specific.  I can tell you about virt tech, though in my
> scatterbrained way, I will misuse the terminology.  But, I am not as
> familiar with QEMU w.r.t. *Debian*.  I should have let someone else
> answer.
>
> I still say, use Virtualbox instead.

>> Hi. I have been wondering what is the difference between qemu and qemu-kvm
>> packages for kvm virtualization. Manual page in qemu packages shows, that
>> it should be able to work with kvm. Uncle google is silent about this.

This seems pretty specific to me. I have asked what is the difference between
qemu and qemu-kvm for kvm virtualization. Both support kvm and both are based
on qemu 0.11.1 so I wanted to know what is the difference.

I'm not really sure that virtualbox is the right thing for a server. I'm not
much sure about kvm+qemu either, but xen just keeps crashing so there isn't
much I can do about it.

mk