Re: Installation problem on HP DL360 G6 server

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 08:42:42PM -0600, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> Emmanuel Chantry put forth on 2/13/2010 6:39 AM:
>
> > I've already tried this one. That works on virtual machine in amd64 but
> > not on the HP Server. It's the first thing I've done ;)

smart arrays don't turn up as /dev/sda from memory /dev/cciss/c0d0 -
controller zero and disk zero

as for the other problem, lvm writes information onto the hard drives,
which is why you are seeing the error message, I believe there is a way
to tell the partition manager to clear all partitions on the disk to be
installed onto.

I would also stick to lvm on smartarrays, much easier to managing moving
lv's etc

--
"President Musharraf, he's still tight with us on the war against terror, and that's what I appreciate. He's a -- he understands that we've got to keep Al Qaeda on the run, and that by keeping him on the run, it's more likely we will bring him to justice."

	- George W. Bush
08/22/2002
Ruch, OR