Re: Installation problem on HP DL360 G6 server

Le 14/02/2010 07:26, Alex Samad a écrit :
On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 08:42:42PM -0600, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
Emmanuel Chantry put forth on 2/13/2010 6:39 AM:

I've already tried this one. That works on virtual machine in amd64 but
not on the HP Server. It's the first thing I've done ;)
smart arrays don't turn up as /dev/sda from memory /dev/cciss/c0d0 -
controller zero and disk zero

as for the other problem, lvm writes information onto the hard drives,
which is why you are seeing the error message, I believe there is a way
to tell the partition manager to clear all partitions on the disk to be
installed onto.

I would also stick to lvm on smartarrays, much easier to managing moving
lv's etc

Have you tried contacting HP support?  IIRC, they support Debian.

I'm not surprised that is a difference beetween VMs and real hardware. HP servers runs with CCISS driver not with standard sda I know that. I've tried to join HP support. First time, they said they don't support Debian lol. I have to send us their website URL to prove them they're supporting Debian...
I'm waiting for an answer from the support if they know that problem.

It seems that in amd64 and HP servers, install steps are not in the same order. In fact The cciss is loaded just before partman starts (installing scsci-modules and scsi-extra-modules) not at kernel boot.

In preseed file, the line: d-i partman-lvm/device_remove_lvm boolean true tells that old LVM configuration have to be erased without prompting. But it doesn't work on my HP server.

Emmanuel