Re: lenny boot problem

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010, Christian Koerner wrote:

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010, amka wrote:

And : ls -l /dev/sd*
brw-rw-rw- 1 root root 8, 0 Jan 20 22:22 /dev/sda
brw-rw-rw- 1 root root 8, 1 Jan 20 22:22 /dev/sda1
brw-rw-rw- 1 root root 8, 2 Jan 20 22:22 /dev/sda2

But df prints sdc1 (CD resue mode).

An other thing :
I am using an 'old' mainboard and the disk is new (WD1500HLFS).
I allready had problems when I trid to use a too big HDD (1TB) ; it was
not recognised and Tyan informed me that I have to upgrade my BIOS.

I doubt this can have 'kernel panic' result.

Not sure, it could be that the disk geometry is not detected properly and so it fails.
IMO all your configs are ok.

Alternativ is to give grub a go but you said you had problems with grub as well.

Another possibility is to re-install Lenny when you have connected your new HDD only.

Regards,
Christian