Re: Synchronize two computers

On Qui, 21 Jan 2010, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
2) it seems to me that rsync processes *all* the files and not only the ones
that really have changed, which would take long with my 2G home dir. Maybe
   some special option of rsync?

How are you calling rsync? That's exactly what it doesn't. It only transfers files that have changed, and only the parts that have changed.

Naturally, it needs to look at each file to see if they are equal or not, it cannot guess which files are changed. By default this is based on the modification time (and possibly size, I'm not sure), which is rather fast.

--
"Hey!  Who took the cork off my lunch??!"
		-- W. C. Fields

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br