lenny boot problem

Hi every one,

I have a boot serious problem with lenny. I tried a lot of things, but
the problem subsists...

On boot :

ramdisk: couldn't find valid ram disk image starting at 0
list of all partitions:
...         # I don't remember the line, and the last one is :

Kernel Panic - not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root FS on unknown
block (8,33)

I use lilo, and my config file is :

lba32

boot=/dev/sdc

root=/dev/sdc1

bitmap=/boot/debianlilo.bmp
bmp-colors=1,,0;9,,0
bmp-table=106p,144p,2,9,144p
bmp-timer=514p,144p,6,8,0

install=bmp

prompt
timeout=50

large-memory

map=/boot/map

vga=normal

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.26-2-amd64
        label="lenny 2.6.26"
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img-2.6.26-2-amd64
        read-only

other=/dev/sdb
   label="etch"

The problems are from the beginning ; both lilo and grub couldn't be
installed during the lenny installation.

I installed lilo with the CD rescue mode.

Can please someone give me an advice ?

Thanks, regards,

amka