Re: CD ISO images for the "testing" release

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 01:11:15 -0800
"Willie" <tumbleweed@fastmail.net> dijo:

> > I did find the .jigdo and .template files for testing netinst amd64,
> > and I have downloaded them into a folder ~/Debian. But I am unclear
> > about what to put in for <address of target file>. From a previous
> > message in this discussion I thought it was
> > http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/amd64/jigdo-cd/debian-testing-amd64-netinst.jigdo.
> > But that sends me into a loop where it continually asks for an Ubuntu
> > mirror. Why would the ISO for testing amd64 netinst be on an Ubuntu
> > server? On the other hand, I am doing this from a computer running
> > Jaunty, so that may have something to do with it. Does jigdo work only
> > if the computer is running Debian?
> >
> > Still confused and still without a CD image for netinst of testing
> > amd64. Luckily I am not in a rush.
>

> You're trying to make it complicated when it isn't. You don't need to
> download anything. Just install the "jigdo-file" package then run the
> command:
>
>    jigdo-lite <URL of required ISO file>
>
> jigdo does the rest. There may be one or two initial questions about
> preferred locations but just hitting return should work. It's easier
> than bittorrent.

OK, I think I got it. That is, I now have six files, one of which is
the ISO of 148.1 MB. But after the download finished I got:

"Images offered by `http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/amd64/iso-cd/debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso':"

Being unsure what to do, I did nothing. After a while I got:

"Number of image to download: "

Apparently the "Images offered by ..." line was supposed to be followed
by a list of images from which I could choose one. But that doesn't
make any sense if it just finished downloading the ISO that I typed at
<URL of required ISO file>.