Re: CD ISO images for the "testing" release

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 16:40:11 -0800
John Jason Jordan <johnxj@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:06:48 -0800
> Jeff Goodman <jeff@waysoft.com> dijo:
>
> > > That's for stable, the OP asked for testing.
> >
> > Oops...
> > You should listen to what I MEAN to say, not what I ACTUALLY say :)
> >
> > <http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/>
>
> Where does it say on that page that the links are for testing
> (squeeze)?
>
> I am looking for the CD image for an internet installation of 64-bit
> testing. Debian's download pages are terribly confusing.

Actually, it looks like the 64-bit isos (at least amd64 - for AMD and
Intel Core 2, etc.) ARE in place
<http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/amd64/iso-cd/>

For other archs, I found this on debian-cd mailing list...
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-cd/2009/11/msg00011.html>

(To answer your question about where it mentions that the links are
for testing, "daily" and "weekly" builds imply testing.)

BTW, if you can, you might try going with the netinst (net install).
It can save lots of download time/bandwidth).  Is that what you mean by
"internet installation"?

jeff

(Yup, Debian's pages can be confusing... I've been stuck in a number of
seemingly endless loops myself :)