Re: CD ISO images for the "testing" release

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:27 -0800, "John Jason Jordan"
<johnxj@comcast.net> wrote:

<SNIP>

> [...]

<SNIP>

> Now I'm off to try to figure out jigdo. Thanks for the link.

Now it's me who hasn't made himself clear. There's not much to figure
out.
First install the "jigdo-file" package as shown above.
In the second command, the URL (incorrectly shown on a new line) is an
argument to the command "jigdo-lite":

   jigdo-lite <address of target file>

You'll end up with a .jigdo file, a .template file, and the .iso file
you're after.

On this machine it took four minutes.

(Aside: Have a look at qbittorrent)

                          wherever you are