Re: CD ISO images for the "testing" release

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 22:07 -0800, "John Jason Jordan"
<johnxj@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 20:09:54 -0800
> "Willie" <tumbleweed@fastmail.net> dijo:
>
> > On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 19:44 -0800, "John Jason Jordan"
> > <johnxj@comcast.net> wrote:
> > > On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 17:51:21 -0800
> > > "Willie" <tumbleweed@fastmail.net> dijo:

> > > That's the link I found before with the pathetically slow download. If
> > > you back up a directory or two you find a torrent, but the torrent says
> > > I am not authorized to download it.
> > >
> > > Where can I find this where I can download it without taking several
> > > days?
>
> > root@host:~#  apt-get install jigdo-file
> >
> > jason@host:~$  jigdo-lite
> > http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/amd64/jigdo-cd/debian-testing-amd64-netinst.jigdo
>
> I'm not sure if I made this clear.
>
> I want a TORRENT that I can download with a bittorrent client like
> Transmission. I don't want a jigdo, whatever that is. And I want a
> bootable CD image that will continue the installation over the
> internet. That is INTERNET, not a local network.
>
> I can't find it on a Debian page and I can't seem to explain it here.
> Maybe it doesn't exist. Maybe I just don't speak Debian. Maybe I'm just
> stupid. But for sure I am frustrated.

I'm sure it's not really a torrent file you want but the netinst amd64
ISO file. The issue is the best way to get hold of it. No you're not
stupid but you probably need to understand how bittorrent works. Yes you
can grab the torrent file at:

    http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/amd64/bt-cd/debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso.torrent

but there's no point; no one out there is seeding the ISO.

Jigdo works in a completely different way but is almost certainly more
reliable than bittorrent, probably just as fast, and every bit as
bandwidth efficient.

Go on - give it a try. You know you want to.  =O)

PS. As far as bittorrent goes you might do well to dump that
transmission POS and try almost any other client instead.

                          love email again