Re: HP G60-249WM Notebook overheats (on lenny)

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 11:00:09 -0700
"Brian C. Wells" <blue_guy_213@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 22:19 -0700, Raquel wrote:
> > On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 20:40:01 -0700
> > "Brian C. Wells" <blue_guy_213@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >

> > > I don't -think- it's a fan problem.  It seems to be blowing
> > > plenty of hot air out, and I can't see or blow out any obvious
> > > clogs [...]
>
> > I have a G70, which runs hot.  I used a vacuum cleaner and sucked
> > out all the openings I could find, which cooled it some.
>
> Was that an ordinary floor vacuum cleaner, or one of those keyboard
> cleaners?  I've never used an ordinary vacuum on a computer... I'm
> worried that particles from the floor might fall into the PC.

It was a regular floor vacuum cleaner.  I'm not sure how crud from
the floor might fall into the computer since the suction is going the
other direction.

--
Raquel
I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom

  --James Madison