Re: HP G60-249WM Notebook overheats (on lenny)

On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 22:19 -0700, Raquel wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 20:40:01 -0700
> "Brian C. Wells" <blue_guy_213@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

> > I don't -think- it's a fan problem.  It seems to be blowing plenty
> > of hot air out, and I can't see or blow out any obvious clogs [...]

> I have a G70, which runs hot.  I used a vacuum cleaner and sucked out
> all the openings I could find, which cooled it some.

Was that an ordinary floor vacuum cleaner, or one of those keyboard
cleaners?  I've never used an ordinary vacuum on a computer... I'm
worried that particles from the floor might fall into the PC.

> Then I also got
> a Xpad-slim.  It's running at 40.0C right now.  It goes up when I'm
> doing some heavy processing.  Once in a while FireFox 3.0 pushes the
> temp up, but I can watch streaming movies or YouTube with no
> problems, although the temp does rise some.

Without using a vacuum yet, but with a cooler, mine is running at 54C
right now.  If I can get it down to 40C, that just might make the
difference.  So thanks for reminding me about the possibility.

> My understanding is that HPs are notorious for high temps.  :(((

Great. :S  I'll keep that in mind next time.

> --
> Raquel
> Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no
> right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function
> of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by
> majorities (and the smallest minority on earth is the individual).
>
>   --Ayn Rand

Brian