Re: HP G60-249WM Notebook overheats (on lenny)

On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 21:15 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > evidence that the CPU's temperature is increasing to dangerous levels
> > (>95 deg. Celsius).  As soon as I start a game, it rises, and as soon as
> > I stop it it falls.
>
> Sounds like a hardware problem; most likely a fan problem: either it's
> clogged, or it's broken, or something.
>

>         Stefan

I don't -think- it's a fan problem.  It seems to be blowing plenty of
hot air out, and I can't see or blow out any obvious clogs w/o opening
the case.  To me, it seems more like a design defect; this laptop has
had this kind of problem ever since I got it, which wasn't long ago.

Like you say, it's probably a hardware problem, but HP might say it's
all Linux's fault for not using some proprietary interface.  (Then
again, I haven't asked them.  They might agree with you.)

In any case, thanks for reminding me to check the fan more closely.

Brian