Re: file system errors

Daniel Dalton:

> The hard drive in the mp3 just spins up and back down when I plug the
> usb in. Now it's not even showing up under /dev. Do you guys think it's
> a bad hdd and it's time to get a new mp3?

Yes and no. The hd is probably dying, but if I were you, I would search
for a replacement of the hd and keep the player. I own an iriver H120
and still love it. I installed Rockbox on the very first day and I
really recommend doing that as well.

Instead of buying an 1.8" hd, you could buy a compact flash card and use
that instead. You'll need to install Rockbox, though. See here for more
details:

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/CFModGuide

I am using a 32GB CF card in my H120 and that is really awesome. Rockbox
starts a lot faster than the regular firmware anyway, but the CF card
boosts "boot" time even more. The device is almost instantly on. And of
course, the spinup delays (when the hd is sleeping) are completely gone,
too.

J.
--
I like my Toyota RAV4 because of the commanding view of the traffic
jams.