Re: file system errors

Daniel Dalton:

> However, midway through the sync process, the fs is set to read only as
> there seem to be errors with certain files.
> If I remount, I can't remove these effected files,

What error message do you get? What's in dmesg output?

> the only way to fix
> things is to make use of fsck.vfat -wa.
> So, I can't continue syncing as if I get rid of the effected files, they
> just come back on the next sync.

Is it always the same files?

> There is no problem on the ext3 file system. So how can I stop this from
> happening, and get a clean sync. Do I remove the effected files from the
> ext 3 fs, or is there another way to tell rsync to skip the files.

rsync has an -- exclude option.

> How > do I see what files are causing the trouble?

rsync --verbose

> Oh and here is my rsync command I use.
> rsync -avz /media/daniel-external/music/ /media/disk/music

Since you are already using -v you should be able to tell which files
produce the error.

But I suspect that the problem doesn't lie in your files but your mp3
player's storage. I would wipe it and try a badblock scan. Maybe the
flash is dying.

J.
--
I wear a lot of leather but would never wear fur.
[Agree]   [Disagree]