Dialin server problem?

I am trying to set up a dialin server under Linux/Debian.
The box is connected to Internet via LAN (dialin access desired
from home). The box also has firewall (iptables).

I can connect but can't ping (even the Linux box itself) from
a Windows-XP box at home. The logs do not show any problems.

Any pointer will bw helpful. The config info listed below.

-ishwar
--------
System: Linux tigaon 2.6.30-4.slh.4-sidux-686 #1 SMP
Server IP-address in subnet 141.209.169.x

----/etc/ppp/options.server----
-detach
asyncmap 0
modem
crtscts
lock
proxyarp
ms-dns 141.209.x.x
md-dns 141.209.x.x

---/etc/mgetty/login.conf
/AutoPPP/ -     a_ppp   /usr/sbin/pppd auth -chap +pap login debug

---/etc/ppp/option.ttyS0
192.168.111.12:192.168.111.100
netmask 255.255.255.0

---/etc/sysctl.conf
net.ipv4.ip_forward=1

---/etc/inittab
7:2345:respawn:/sbin/mgetty -D ttyS0

----iptables etc. ---

# modprobe ip_nat
# iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE

----/etc/ppp/pap-secrets----
#User	server 	secret	IP
ir	*       hidden	*
----