Re: udev won't let me change my network interface?

On 2009-09-01 07:16, C. G. Montgomery wrote:
Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson@cox.net wrote:

On 2009-08-31 21:26, C. G. Montgomery wrote:
Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson@cox.net wrote:

<snippage>
How can I specify the MAC address so it will be used correctly?
But your system already knows it's MAC address as eth0.  Why not use
it for your DSL connection???

I'd like to use the name eth1.  I may want to have a different interface
eth0 to be used for other purposes.  For now, I just want a single
network interface that will work with the DSL modem.

Use eth1 for the "other purposes" when you install another NIC?

(There is more explanation of my situation in my reply to the posting by
Andrei Popescu made on 2009-09-01 2:40 am.)

--
Brawndo's got what plants crave.  It's got electrolytes!