Re: udev won't let me change my network interface?

Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson@cox.net wrote:

> On 2009-08-31 21:26, C. G. Montgomery wrote:
>> Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson@cox.net wrote:

<snippage>
>> How can I specify the MAC address so it will be used correctly?
>
> But your system already knows it's MAC address as eth0.  Why not use
> it for your DSL connection???

I'd like to use the name eth1.  I may want to have a different interface
eth0 to be used for other purposes.  For now, I just want a single
network interface that will work with the DSL modem.

(There is more explanation of my situation in my reply to the posting by
Andrei Popescu made on 2009-09-01 2:40 am.)

regards   cgm