Re: [SOLVED] Wireless Adapter Card compatibility

* Wayne Topa <linuxtwo@gmail.com> [2009 Aug 19 13:48 -0500]:

> Glad you got a good buy.  I'm sure you'll be happy with the Atheros
> chip. I sure am.

Ditto, Wayne.

I think now the Atheros chipsets should be among the preferred wireless
adapters these days.  I bought a Linksys WPC-55AG almost five years
ago and it worked like a champ with the Madwifi driver which was then
centered around a closed source HAL blob.  I've been using ath5k for
about a year or more without issue.

Today I use it extensively with a Linksys WRT54AG router using WPA PSK
on 802.11a without issue at home.  It has performed flawlessly on the
road at various hotels.

- Nate >>