Re: [Semi-OT] Need advice on AMD mobo

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 11:31:23AM +0200, Siggy Brentrup wrote:
> Did you ever try to proceed like this:
>
> "Would you please give me your name again, I forgot to note it. If
>  $STATEMENT is the official position of $COMPANY, i'll cite it on my
>  web page."

No, but nobody cares what I might put onto my web page. But I can try.

Gigabyte now wants me to send them one of my disks. As if it was my
problem to supply them with the hardware they need to do their job and
to fix bugs in their BIOSs. It's unbelieveable.

> Result: 10 minutes later a techie called me, explaining why they block
> smtp in both directions.  Not very convincing but hey, it's not a big
> deal when you have root permissions on your MX.

It's very simple with an ISP: When they block a port, I pay less. Why
fight with the support? Support idiots don't know what ports are.