Re: [Semi-OT] Need advice on AMD mobo

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 12:58:28AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> Their answer????  "We don't support Linux", repeatedly, even though, of
> course, BIOS disk detection has nothing to do with Linux.

I got the same answer from Gigabyte (two of my disks are not detected
by the BIOS when AHCI is enabled; they work fine in IDE mode or when
hotplugged after the BIOS is through with the detection). They were
saying --- after a lot of other unhelpful crap --- that Intel doesn't
make Linux drivers for the ICH9 chipset and that they therefore cannot
offer support.

Almost all support people I've had to deal with are idiots who are too
stupid to understand the question. These manufacturers should (be
forced to) stop selling their products (by law) when they so obviously
don't know what they are doing.