Re: X11 without HAL: "DontZap" in /etc/X11/xorg.conf doesn't work anymore

On Thu,16.Jul.09, 18:19:54, Dirk wrote:

> You suggest that everyone compiles X11 him-/herself now?
>
> To downgrade or to even switch whole distributions because of a
> single stubborn package maintainer?
>
> How about that package maintainer just turns a dependency back into
> a recommendation to make /everyone/ happy? (Did I suggest that
> before?)

The default mutt uses gdbm for the header cache, but I prefer
tokyocabinet:

# apt-get build-dep mutt
# aptitude install libtokyocabinet-dev build-essential
$ cd ~/src
$ apt-get source mutt
$ cd mutt-1.5.20
$ patch -p0 < ../patches/mutt_enable_tokyocabinet.diff
$ dch -l +tokyocabinet
(write my changelog entry)
$ dpkg-buildpackage -b
# dpkg -i ~amp/src/mutt_1.5.20-2+tokyocabinet1_amd64.deb

Doesn't seem too difficult to me.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)