Re: X11 without HAL: "DontZap" in /etc/X11/xorg.conf doesn't work anymore

* Dirk <noisyb@gmx.net> [2009 Jul 16 07:07 -0500]:
> Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> >On Thursday 16 July 2009 12:50:22 Dirk wrote:
> >
> >>Why don't people, who like it, use the real Windows instead of turning
> >>Linux into it and forcing advanced users down to their level?
> >>

> >>Dirk
> >
> >What level are you taking about? This will look quiet insulting to
> >many people not only using debian to the best of their knowlegde,
> >but also to Windows users, who dont need to be treated as such,
> >they already suffer of having to use it.
> >Thierry
> >

> Awww... what about the feelings of people who, since months now,
> want HAL to be reduced to a option again and who get ignored for no
> reason?

Since you're so advanced, it should be little trouble for you to roll
an alternative package that doesn't have the HAL dependency.  This
little rant of yours seems to have little basis in logic.  As near as I
can tell the Linux HAL is much different and far more useful than
whatever MS Windows does.

You would have much more credibility in this thread if you provided
solid technical reasons why HAL is bad rather than stomping your feet
while saying "I don't like it!"  Please provide a technical reason why
HAL is unacceptable.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of