Re: X11 without HAL: "DontZap" in /etc/X11/xorg.conf doesn't work anymore

> HAL is not "technology moving forward".
>
> It is a project dedicated to taking away the right to do what you want.

I'm sorry, your argument is "HAL hates freedom?"  Seriously?  You
believe there is an entire team of malicious devs who've devoted their
weekends to oppressing your choice of mouse buttons?

> And the persistance of not understanding this that I face here is just sad.
> You people don't seem to know what door you leave open here and how it could
> affect the future and usability of Linux in a negative way.

All right, I'll bite.  How specifically could it affect the future and
usability of Linux in a negative way?  What disasters might happen,
what door are we leaving open here?  What does HAL do that you don't
like?

You can't be too upset with us for not understanding that when you've
made very little effort to explain it (beyond "I might have to learn
how to fix it").