Re: Running a ia32 system on debian amd64 system

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 09:24:21PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> > Possibly. Unfortunately, I am not near my schroot now, so I can't
> > refer to my settings at the moment. If someone else doesn't diagnose
> > your problem till quite a while, or you are unable to get things going
> > perfectly (both unlikely), I'll share my settings with you when I get
> > back to my machine.
>
> One suggestion (from the author) is that you might want to check
> the chroot type.  If you have type=plain, you won't get automatic
> filesystem mounting.  If you change to type=directory, then you
> will get /dev, /dev/pts, /home, /proc, /sys etc. automatically
> mounted for you (but existing mounts won't be visible).
>
> Check out /etc/schroot/mount-defaults and also
> /etc/schroot/scripts-defaults to see which config files are being
> used.
[snipped some useful information]

Thanks for the detailed information, Roger. As you mention, my
settings have a type=directory. Here are the relevant files, for the
OPs reference:

[kumar@bluemoon ~] cat /etc/schroot/schroot.conf
[lenny32]
description=Debian Lenny i386
type=directory
location=/srv/chroot/lenny32
priority=3
users=kumar
root-users=kumar
groups=kumar
root-groups=kumar
run-setup-scripts=true
run-exec-scripts=true

[kumar@bluemoon ~] cat /etc/schroot/mount-defaults
proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
/dev/pts        /dev/pts        none    rw,bind         0       0
tmpfs           /dev/shm        tmpfs   defaults        0       0
/home           /home           none    rw,bind         0       0
/tmp            /tmp            none    rw,bind         0       0

HTH.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah