Iceweasel, Icedove and KDE4

Hi everyone!

Since ever, as a KDE user, I was distracted by the obvious quality mismatch between fonts for thunderbird and firefox in gnome and KDE. That is, in Gnome, thunderbird and firefox's usage of fonts seems to be near perfect. In KDE the fonts of these apps look completely alien. As far as I understand from searching google, it has something to do with gtk, Qt and KDE. I tried various things that various blogs/how to suggest but I can't get a result resembling gnome. How can I achieve good font antialiasing in iceweasel/icedove, and how can I config these apps to use the fonts that I select from System Settings -> Look and Feel -> Appearance -> Fonts ?

Thanks...
Giorgos