Re: Running a ia32 system on debian amd64 system

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 02:16:23PM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> >> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18001
> >>
> > This tutorial assume you have an old 32bits debian system laying
> > around... How can I create one if I don't have that ?

Sorry. I missed that part.

> To create one I used:
>
> $ debootstrap --arch i386 lenny /mnt/lenny32 http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/

This is correct.

> However I still cannot get the /dev directory to work as expected:
[snip]

Please try adding the following to your /etc/fstab

/home   /mnt/lenny/home none    bind      0       0
/tmp    /mnt/lenny/tmp  none    bind      0       0
/dev    /mnt/lenny/dev  none    bind      0       0
/proc   /mnt/lenny/proc none    bind      0       0

And this once, mount them:

mount /mnt/lenny/home
mount /mnt/lenny/tmp
mount /mnt/lenny/dev
mount /mnt/lenny/proc

Then chroot into the system. Also, beware, since this will mount your
home directory in the chroot. If you want to remove the chroot, be
sure to _UNMOUNT_ the home directory before you proceed, else you lose
all your data! Alternately, just omit the home references above, and
that way, you'll have a separate home for the chroot alone.

Please let me know if this works.

Kumar