Re: cups virtual printer for PDF and print to file path

Mark Shroyer wrote:
> On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 09:35:44PM -0400, H.S. wrote:
>> Mark Shroyer wrote:
>>  > As far as I know, the "save to PDF" functionality provided in Ubuntu
>>> (and I assume Sid is the same way) is through gtkprint, not CUPS-PDF.
>>> The version of GTK in Lenny does not provide this, I don't know about
>>> Squeeze.
>> hmm... apt-cache searching gtkprint in Testing and in Unstable does not
>> give me anything.
>
> Sorry for being unclear: it would have been more precise for me to refer
> to gtkprint as GtkPrintOperation, i.e. the GTK+ printing API.  It isn't
> a separate package in Debian, it's part of libgtk2.0.

Okay, that make more sense. I listed the installed packages on a Testing
and Unstable machine. Both have libgtk2.0-0 2.16.1-2. Unstable gives
that dialog where one can save to PDF while Testing does not. Anyway, I
will search around a bit more since I now know more about what to look for.

Thanks.

ever having been read.