Re: Problem increasing ip_conntrack_max on boot

On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 10:11:26PM -0300, Daniel Bareiro wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I added the following line in the file /etc/sysctl.conf
>
> net.ipv4.netfilter.ip_conntrack_max = 32768
>
> in order to modify the value of ip_conntrack_max in boot time, but I
> obtain the following error message:
>
> error: "net.ipv4.ip_conntrack_max" is an unknown key
>
> My impression is that this error must to that it is being tried to
> assign the variable before shorewall load the kernel module. Is it
> possible? Of being this case, is there some way to coordinate the
> setting of the variable with shorewall?

yes & yes, you need to make debian load the module before it runs
/etc/init.d/procps

have a look in /etc/modules and you might also need to update-initramfs
-u  as well.

or add it (sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_conntrack_max=<number>) to
/etc/init.d/rc.local

--
"My mom often used to say, The trouble with W -- although she didn't put that to words."

	- George W. Bush
04/03/2002
Washington, DC