Re: how to use mplayer to convert real media audio file to mp3

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 18:34, Long Wind <longwind2009@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use etch
> Do you know the mplayer command to convert real media audio-only file
> to a mp3 file?

ffmpeg -i inputfile.ext -ar 44100 -ab 256 output.mp3

there is probably an mplayer version of this, but I don't know
what it might be.

I use this to pull audio from Youtube FLVs and produce MP3s.
I just tested it on a test RM file and it worked. I am using the
Debian-multimedia/Sid version of ffmpeg, but I think if your
ffmpeg handles rm and mp3, it should be fine.

Adjust input and output file names and bitrate as desired,
of course.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers