Re: cups virtual printer for PDF and print to file path

On Tue, 05 May 2009 13:34:22 -0400
"H.S." <hs.samix@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I print from Iceweasel (or any other application) on Debian
> Testing, I get a choice of printers (my networked laser printer,
> CUPS/Virtual printer and postscript file printer). The first sends the
> job to the networked laser printer, the second prints a PDF file in
> ~/PDF directory and the last prints a PS file.
>
> In the second case, if I check the 'print to file' check box, I am asked
> for the location but the printed file is a PS file instead of a PDF file.

My print to file box (Sid, IW 3.0.9) offers me a choice of ps or pdf.

> How do I make the virtual printer ask me where to save the printed PDF
> file? It appears that it will save it to a fixed path (configurable by
> the localhost:631 gui, I suppose), which is ~/PDF in my case.

I don't know how to make it ask you, but the default is set in
'/etc/cups/cups-pdf.conf'.  Mine is set to 'Out ${HOME}/PDF', just
like yours.

Celejar