Re: Aptitude issue

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 23:43:02 -0500, M. Lewis wrote:
> Florian Kulzer wrote:

[...]

> Thanks Florian. Commenting out 2 thru x lines of the script in fact
> worked. I was able to do a aptitude update && aptitude full-upgrade.
> Next when I went to add openoffice.org back in, the silly thing hangs
> right back at the same package:
>
> rattler:~# aptitude install openoffice.org

[...]

> Updating fontconfig cache for /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-liberation
> Setting up openoffice.org-officebean (1:2.4.1-17+b1) ...
> Setting up openoffice.org-writer2latex (0.5-8) ...
> Adding extension
> /usr/lib/openoffice/share/extension/install/writer2latex.uno.pkg...

I would try this (I cannot guarantee anything, though):

1) Uninstall openoffice again completely, using the same trick for the
   problematic pre-removal script.

2) Purge all openoffice packages that still have configuration files on
   your system, using this command:

   aptitude purge '~nopenoffice~c'

3) Check /usr/lib/openoffice/share/extension/ and its sub-folders. If
   there are any files left then you probably have to remove them
   manually.

4) Try to install openoffice again and keep your fingers crossed.

          Florian   |