Re: Aptitude issue

Florian Kulzer wrote:
On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 17:50:48 -0500, M. Lewis wrote:
Florian Kulzer wrote:
On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 03:07:50 -0500, M. Lewis wrote:
I'm having an issue with Aptitude that I'm not sure how to correct. I was having an issue with OpenOffice so I decided the easiest way to resolve the problem might be to completely remove it, then re-install it. That is when the problem began. Aptitude hung trying to remove openoffice.org-writer2latex.

[...]

 > Now the problem is that the function flush_unopkg_cache is empty since
its only instruction has been commented out and shells tend not to like
that. I should have realized that my somewhat vague instructions could
lead to this problem. Anyway, if unopkg does not work anymore for you
then you might as well comment out the entire script from line 2 to the
end and be done with it. (The only purpose of the pre-removal script
seems to be ensuring that unopkg is invoked correctly, but that horse
has left the barn already on your system.)

Thanks Florian. Commenting out 2 thru x lines of the script in fact worked. I was able to do a aptitude update && aptitude full-upgrade. Next when I went to add openoffice.org back in, the silly thing hangs right back at the same package:

rattler:~# aptitude install openoffice.org Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Reading extended state information Initializing package states... Done Reading task descriptions... Done The following NEW packages will be installed: libblas3gf{a} libgfortran3{a} liblapack3gf{a} libsuitesparse-3.1.0{a} libwps-0.1-1{a} lp-solve{a} openoffice.org openoffice.org-base{a} openoffice.org-base-core{a} openoffice.org-calc{a} openoffice.org-draw{a} openoffice.org-emailmerge{a} openoffice.org-filter-binfilter{a} openoffice.org-filter-mobiledev{a} openoffice.org-impress{a} openoffice.org-math{a} openoffice.org-officebean{a} openoffice.org-report-builder-bin{a} openoffice.org-writer{a} openoffice.org-writer2latex{a} python-uno{a} ttf-liberation{a} 0 packages upgraded, 22 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Need to get 12.8MB/38.8MB of archives. After unpacking 101MB will be used. Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]

Writing extended state information... Done

Get:1 http://10.10.10.1 lenny/main libwps-0.1-1 0.1.2-1 [60.7kB]

[snip]
Updating fontconfig cache for /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-liberation
Setting up openoffice.org-officebean (1:2.4.1-17+b1) ...
Setting up openoffice.org-writer2latex (0.5-8) ...
Adding extension /usr/lib/openoffice/share/extension/install/writer2latex.uno.pkg...

--

 You can't go home again, unless you set $HOME.
  23:35:01 up 3 days, 20:27,  2 users,  load average: 0.64, 0.53, 0.42

 Linux Registered User #241685  http://counter.li.org