Re: xorg upgrade in Sid causes jerky display

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 09:29:25AM +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:

Hi,

> I'd revert if I could but I don't think it's possible.

It's possible but requires some 'force'. ;)

Warning: You shouldn't do this within a running X instance.

a) Remove all xserver-xorg packages.
b) Download x11-common 7.3+18 from your mirror of choice and
dpkg -i --force-all it into the system.
c) Switch your sources.list to testing for the moment.
d) Install the xserver-xorg packages you removed with a) again.
e) Maybe set the xserver-xorg-core and xserver-xorg-video package to
hold if it works.

No guarantee though.

Sven
--