Re: xorg upgrade in Sid causes jerky display

On 12 Apr 2009, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> On 12 Apr 2009, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > Thanks to you and Andrei for suggestions. I have now got
> > Ctrl-Alt-Backspace working again. But disabling dri (and glx, also
> > needed) didn't help with the display on full screen.
> >

> Actually, ctrl-alt-backspace has stopped working again! No idea why;
> DontZap False is shown correctly in Xorg.log.0. I also can't use the alt
> keys as shortcuts in Firefox, though they do work in other
> circumstances. There are odd things going on with X since the upgrade.
> I'd revert if I could but I don't think it's possible.
>
> Anthony

Apologies for all this following up to my own posts, but I found what
I'd done: an xmodmap command I'd inserted to make Alt_R the same as
Alt_L was blocking ctrl-alt-del. Not sure why - I'll have to work on it.

Anthony
--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
and sceptical articles)