Re: bank web page problem in iceweasel/iceape

On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 14:13 -0400, H.S. wrote:
> tyler wrote:
> > "H.S." <hs.samix@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> H.S. wrote:
> >>
> >> I tried the same web page on a Debian Sid machine and tried to add a
> >> payee. Here it works, when I type a string in payee search field, the
> >> field drops down and shows a list of possible matches.
> >>
> >> Difference in systems? This was on Debian Sid, Iceweasel, adblock
> >> installed, but no noscript installed.
> >>
> >> So looks like noscript is the culprit on my friend's Debian system?
> >
> > I have no problems using the TD Canada trust website with iceweasel in
> > Squeeze. Noscript does provide an option to whitelist a site, and when I
> > was still using no script I had TD whitelisted.
> The user in question is also able to use all of the website with the
> exception of that one thing: to search for a payee while adding one. The
> search field does not drop down with a list of matches as he types in
> the search string.
> Also, he also had the bank's website whitelisted in noscript. He has
> also tried it in Iceweasel with noscript and adblock addons disabled (in
> Iceape, I don't think one can disable a plugin by choice), but the same
> problem persists.
> Not sure what really is going on here.
> Thanks.

   I'm not sure either...but on Debian testing I **never** use anything
but FIREFOX. Matter of fact I don't think I've ever run..what is it??
Iceweasel ?

The noscript extension might definitely affect operation on the banks
site. Generally they don't run ads so the adblock shouldn't affect

Has he requested help from the banks technical support ?