Re: bank web page problem in iceweasel/iceape

H.S. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A friend has asked me about this weird problem he is having. He is using
> tdcanadatrust.ca bank website on a Debian machine. When he wants to add
> a payee, he does a search in the search field and click on "search"
> button, but this brings him to the bank's welcome/login page! This
> happens in Iceweasel and Iceape both. Noscript and adblock extensions
> are installed. I have suggested he try it with a different profile, but
> the behavior is the same in all cases.
>
> I tried this web site on a Ubuntu machine with him on Firefox. In this
> case, when a search term is typed, a drop down list appears right below
> the search field with the possible matches. So the searching for a payee
> works in Firefox in Ubuntu.
>
> Any idea what I should to suggest him to try to get it working on his
> Debian machine?
>
> Thanks.

I tried the same web page on a Debian Sid machine and tried to add a
payee. Here it works, when I type a string in payee search field, the
field drops down and shows a list of possible matches.

Difference in systems? This was on Debian Sid, Iceweasel, adblock
installed, but no noscript installed.

So looks like noscript is the culprit on my friend's Debian system?

ever having been read.