Another solution (was Re: Debian RAM supporting.)

On 2009-04-03 13:08, Stackpole, Chris wrote:
[snip]

The long...
So I mentioned this to my coworker. He too thought the net-install
picked up the bigmem kernel. We have a dev box (Pentium D, 8GB memory,
64bit install) that isn't being used at the moment so we yanked the
harddrive and dropped in a 10GB drive we have laying around. A quick*
32bit Lenny netinstall later and it only saw 3GB. No bigmem kernel.
Apt-get the bigmem, reboot, and all 8GB are there.

After the netinstall, install a 64-bit kernel.

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer