Re: getmail vs fetchmail, WAS: Re: fetchmail and DNS resolution

On Fri,03.Apr.09, 07:30:32, Norbert Zeh wrote:
> > AFAIK fetchmail defaults to delivering your mail by using a local SMTP.
> > This is a Bad Thing (tm), because it can create a lot of problems, YMMV
>
> I don't know getmail, but what I like about fetchmail's delivery through
> the local SMTP server is that I can use procmail to filter my messages.
> Can getmail do this?

Yes, for example I use maildrop (procmail has a horrible syntax) with a
rule like this:

# bad replies from lists
if (/^(To|Cc):.*lists\.debian\.org/:h && /^(To|Cc):.*andreimpopescu@gmail\.com/:h)
	to Maildir/.Junk/

This is one of the reasons I don't complain when I get CCs on replies ;)

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)