Re: getmail vs fetchmail, WAS: Re: fetchmail and DNS resolution

On 02 Apr 2009, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Thu April 2 2009, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > Probably not an answer to the OP, but when I was having trouble with
> > fetchmail a year ago I changed to getmail and the problems went away
> > immediately. It's easier to configure and  more reliable.
>
> I just recently setup fetchmail on my lenny box. Went to the Falko HOW-TO on
> sourceforge, copied one of his lines for fetchmailrc, changed it to my info,
> added the rest of my emails, domain & ISP, and all my mail started coming in
> to my local user account!. It changed my kmail setup to 1 account, from 8.
> What was easier about getmail?

It was a year ago and I don't remember the details. But when I wanted to
access my emails from abroad I had difficulty getting fetchmail to send
my password and connect to the mail server, but getmail did it immediately.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
and sceptical articles)