Re: To synchronize system time witn NTP-server with no winter time shift whole year - how to?

On 2009-03-31_00:12:57, Tom Furie wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 04:47:38PM -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:
>
> > Now, I want to stop arguing about the descriptions. But just one last
> > shot.  I believe it is factually incorrect to say that you 'lose an
> > hour' in switching from standard to summer time. It is conventional
> > wording, it is manifestly untrue. But if people say it often enough,
> > it becomes something that is used in syllogisms as if it were a fact.
>
> To be slightly pedantic about it, if you go to bed at whatever your
> usual time is before the clocks change and still have to get up at the
> same (clock) time in the morning as you did the day before, then you do
> lose an hour of sleep, that night. Then again, by the same argument,
> seven months or so later you get that hour back, so it all balances
> anyway.
>
> Cheers,
> Tom

You did not lose an hour. You got up an hour early because you are a slave
to the reading on a clock that you know you set forward by an hour the
night before. This is not the behavior of a rational being, IMHO. The only
reason, IMHO, that you subscribe to such nonsense is that it has been
repeated so many times that you have forgotten that it is a lie.

Cheers and Peace.
--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net